San Antonio Halloweenstuck/Can Town Meetup 10/27/12
Since the meet-up on April 14th was so fun and a lot of people had fun, it’s time to plan for a meet-up in a far off future! We will keep the Can-town project because donating to kids who need food is a great thing to do, so why stop? It will be lovely if you all could at least bring 1 can or some non-perishable goods to donate. Afterall, We all had a blast with the cans! Some more than others. Although this time it will be more of a Halloween theme! Complete with lights, costumes, and spooky treats!
- WHERE: At Hemisfair Park (200 S. Alamo, San Antonio, TX 78205), around the wooden playground by a theatre. It should be near another park called La Villita Park. You’ll know you’re in the right place when you see (at the very least) A Doc Scratch.This is the general area I’m talking about right here.
- WHEN: Saturday, 11:30am, October 27th, 2012, though I will arrive early to decorate, and it will end late around 8pm for some “only happens at night” activities. If you want to help, I recommend getting there around 10am-10:30am. All depending on if I get lost getting there or not.
- WHO’S INVITED: Anyone and everyone who’s a Homestuck fan and lives in or near San Antonio! Heck, if you want to come here from another city nearby, go right ahead. I’m not stopping you! Non-Homestuck fans are encouraged to donate cans, too, though.
- IS COSPLAY MANDATORY: Of course not! Though it is certainly encouraged. You don’t have to put on gray makeup if you don’t want to. This is just meant to be a casual meetup where fans can geek out with each other about an awesome webcomic. Though from the April 14th meet up, we all saw how much fun we have just being slightly in character. (:B
- GIVEAWAY: I will [possibly] be giving away 2-4 sets of horns [hand-sewn] to a few lucky winners of a drawing. The drawing will take place around 4pm so be sure to watch the clock [Tick-t0ck]! I may also give away a Shirt or 2. (Surprise for whoever unravels it!)
- FOOD: I will bring a few sodas (24 cans) and a few bags of mixed chips as a fact. Other food items are to be decided upon since we had a bit of a nosy guest problem. [Pigeons and Bees are so nosy!] However, it is recommended that you bring your own drink so that we can all have something to drink aside from cheap soda. [As a perfect host, I shall bring tea and cups.]
- GENERAL RULES OF COURTESY: Be nice to each other! If you’re a Karkat or anyone else who’s foul-mouthed, don’t go shouting long strings of profanity. This is a public place, and there are bound to be kids out there. Also don’t bring buckets to throw at people or anything ridiculous like that. Surely you can prove that common courtesy isn’t dead! But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. In fact, I encourage you to have as much fun as possible! It’s not every day you get to meet up with a bunch of fans.
- BONUS: We will be holding photoshoots for every cosplayer who shows up. Also I will bring [BUCKETS FULL] candy for the season! As a host, I cannot be permitted to eat any myself, but I shall bring plenty of treats for all who arrive. So I hope you see you all there!
- ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?: Drop me an ask if you have any questions or would like to volunteer to take the Can Town we build over to the food bank. Don’t be afraid to ask me anything! I don’t bite. c:
Just send an ask here or to howSugoii if you have an idea to pitch or a question about this. Remember, there is a large 6 months between then and now, so you don’t have to worry about anything until a closer time.
Reblog if you’re interested or just want to signal boost to anyone you know who lives in or near San Antonio. The more Homestucks, the merrier!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT’S MY BIRTHDAY